Katie Reed is a literary agent with Andrea Hurst & Associates.
Katie began her career in publishing with Andrea Hurst Literary Management while pursuing her Bachelor of Arts in English and has worked in the publishing field for over a decade. As a literary agent, Katie loves discovering new talent, building lasting connections with her authors, and working diligently to represent books readers will love.
Katie currently works as an agent and literary scout, and is looking for compelling, standout projects to champion. She is open for submissions in the following genres:
- Commercial Women’s Fiction with a strong hook and market appeal
- Historical Fiction (Favorite authors include Ruta Sepyts, Kate Quinn, Kristin Hannah, Taylor Jenkins Reid)
- Women’s Suspense/Thriller (especially with unreliable narrators or an ending with an unforeseen twist)
- Fiction with a fantastical angle (a la The Midnight Library by Matt Haig)
- Retellings, similar to Circe by Madeline Miller
- Young Adult Contemporary or Fantasy
- Middle Grade