Jamie Vankirk is a literary agent with Rainbow Nerds Literary.
Jamie is looking for young adult novels in the below genres. She is particularly interested in LGBT, POC, and other marginalized groups. #OwnVoices are encouraged.
- Contemporary Fiction—in the vein of Nicola Yoon (The Sun Is Also a Star), Sandhya Menon (When Dimple Met Rishi), Ashley Herring Blake (How to Make a Wish), and Brandy Colbert (Little & Lion)
- Fantasy—think Audrey Coulthurst (Of Fire and Stars), Sabaa Tahir (Ember in the Ashes), Dhonielle Clayton (The Belles), and Libba Bray (The Gemma Doyle Trilogy)
- Science Fiction—similar to Corinne Duyvis (On the Edge of Gone), Marie Lu (Warcross), and Cindy Pon (Want)
- Historical Fiction/Fantasy— like Justina Ireland (Dread Nation) or written within the Tudor period (bonus if centered around Anne Boleyn) or Victorian period
- Thriller—either with an unreliable narrator or in the vein of Kendare Blake (Anna Dressed in Blood)
- Mystery—such as Maureen Johnson (Truly Devious) and Karen McManus (One of Us is Lying)
About her agency: “This is not about us. This is about you–the authors and the readers. This is about the trans girl who longs to see herself in stories. This is about the black boy who yearns to be the hero. This is about the disabled child who wishes for someone to relate to. This is about every marginalized community being heard. Founded in 2017, Rainbow Nerds Literary is an advocate for diversity. We work with first-time authors or long-time veterans to better hone their craft and reach broader audiences. We adhere to the AAR Canon of Ethics.”